Select brand and country
Do you have any questions? Then contact us!
For over 90 years our company represents innovation and growth. By now the Coroplast Group owns subsidiaries and production facilities on four different continents as well as service centers all around the world. Over 7,000 employees generate a yearly turnover of around 540 million euros. But where and how did it all first start? And since when does WeWire produce in Poland? Get to know more about the history of our engagement in Poland and the development of our company in general.
In 1994, The Coroplast Group first ventures abroad and founds the subsidiary Coroplast sp. zo.o. Dylaki Poland. Coroplast begins by manufacturing cable assemblies on the former premises of a textiles factory close to the Upper Silesian town of Opole. In 1997 over 800 people were employed already.
With the opening of a second facility in Krapkowice, in 1998, Coroplast clearly expands its presence in the Polish marketplace. The high standards of quality are also of major importance in Poland, which is proven by the various certifications of the international organization for standardization: ISO 9002 (1996), ISO 9001 and QS 9000 (1998) and VDA 6.1 (1999).
After the turn of the millennium, The Coroplast Group keeps growing and developing in Poland. The number of employees working at two locations increased from 2,000 employees in 2003 to 3,100 within the next five years. With the continuous expansion and further certifications, the Polish facilities attracted valuable clients. Porsche joined in 2009, followed by Bosch (2010) and ZF Friedrichshafen AG (2012). In 2014 Coroplast opens a third facility in Strzelce Opolskie, Poland, which leads to enhanced production possibilities. With a manufacturing area of approximately 11,000 m², the company is well prepared for future business services in Poland.
As part of the automotive supply chain, the Coroplast Group is actively shaping the developments within the sector to maintain its position as a powerful and flexible technology leader. To enable our business units to become even more focused on their core competencies, we positioned them more clearly on the market and gave them a globally independent brand image. The Business Unit Wire Harnesses, to which Coroplast Harness Technology Sp. z o.o. sp. k belongs, is now called WeWire.
The history of the Coroplast Group begins with the founding of the company „ Fritz Müller Elektroisoliermaterial “ in 1928 in Wuppertal. The young business overcomes the global economic crisis and is PVC’s first user in Germany, until the plant is destroyed by several bombs in 1943.
The restart follows quickly after the war. The company changes its name to Coroplast, as it is a time of change and transformation. In 1976, Dr. Kurt Müller, nephew of founder Fritz Müller, is named managing director of the company. He was leading the company for 30 years and gave the business a very special character.